PUZZLE / UnPUZZLE are research tools designed to translate all the meanings behind the word ‘connection’ into thought provoking questions and encourage meaningful conversations around them.
DURATION, YEAR & CLIENT
From our research, we understood that the concept of CONNECTION itself is a combination of 12 other sub-concepts, which only make sense together. We converted each of the sub-concept into a meaningful ‘Conversation Starter’.
Result – ‘UnPuzzle’
We iterated our first prototype taking into account all the feedback that we received, turning it into an UnPuzzle (a free-form puzzle) which allowed us to learn about our end-users’ perspective and gain insights about their needs.
How to UnPuzzle: 6 Steps
(1) At the beginning of the exercise, participants are required to scan the QR code on the main piece (Connection is..) and give their inputs.
(4) Once done with the previous step, the group comes together to assemble the pieces and shape the unpuzzle based on their mutual understanding of the definition. The closer the piece to the centre one, the more important it is.
(2) The unpuzzle can be played in a group consisting of even number of participants. (The ideal number is 12)
(5) Participants are also encouraged to fill in keywords/comments in the blank puzzle pieces in case they feel something is missing in the existing set.
(3) Participants form pairs and pick two random pieces per pair to strike a conversation for 3-5 minutes. (Incase of fewer participants, there could be multiple rounds)
(6) While putting pieces together, it is necessary to keep in mind that every two pieces put together should relate to each other directly. Also, it is not compulsory to use all the pieces.